Faculty of Law, JNU imparts a rigorous and multi-disciplinary quality legal education to meet the growing demand for world-class legal professionals, and consultants. Students are provided with theoretical knowledge and practical experience to meet the challenges and opportunities of a rapidly changing world. Faculty offers undergraduate multi-disciplinary B.A. LL.B (Hons.) program approved by the Bar Council of India and Doctorate program in Law as per the gazette notification of UGC.
Faculty of Law vouches to make legal education an instrument of social, political and economic change and inculcate in our future lawyers and corporate legal executives a feeling of commitment through high degree of competence, ethical disposition, upholding cultural values and a global outlook to face the mind boggling changes taking place in the field of law.
Faculty of Law commits to play a vital role in preparing budding legal eagles to be innovative and imbibe them with robust jurisprudential wisdom. Our motto is to prepare the students for, “A Nobel, Demanding and Exciting Profession”.
B. A. LL.B. (Hons.)-Program Highlights:
* Academic Curriculum is designed to constantly match the changing times.
* Regular interactions with Bar and Bench.
* Updated theoretical and practical training.
* Developing drafting, communication and presentation skills.
* Moot Court participation.
* Digital Library with access to various Legal reporters and journals.
* Lectures of renowned professionals from the legal field are organized .
* Organizing and participating in Seminars/Workshops/Conferences.
* Interdisciplinary workshops are held at regular intervals with due participation of other faculties and their students namely Engineering & Technology, Medicine and Health, Management ,Computer Application etc. with reference to legal implications/relevance attached to various fields of respective discipline.
* Corporate world in particular and the law firms of the country in general are already in our campus with huge package to offer to our law students.
* Necessary training also is being imparted to the students in the domain of LPO (Legal Process Outsourcing).
* Educational tours.
Eligibility Criteria B.A., LL.B. Integrated 5 Years Course:
A candidate who has passed 10+2 examination of a recognised Board of education in India or abroad with 45% marks in any discipline in aggregate shall be eligible for admission to B.A.,LL.B. Integrated 5 Years Course Ist Semester class of first year. However, a candidate belonging to SC / ST obtaining a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination shall be considered eligible for admission to the said class. Provided that he is not more than 20 years of age for general category and 22 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category on Ist July in the year in which admission is sought.
Number of Seats: 60
Admission will be taken through CLAT & LSAT Score list.
( Text is under review for few data updation )
Dr.Lalit Kumar Bohra
Faculty of Law
Click to view
|1||Appreciation letter received by Bar Council of India|